Harmonic is gearing up for next week’s ANGA Cable show by presenting technologies that are designed to help service operators offer more personalized viewing experiences.
Technologies and products on display will include 1080p high-definition (HD) compression as part of a comprehensive digital headend, video-on-demand (VOD), advertisement insertion and fiber-deep hybrid fiber/coax (HFC) transmission solutions.
Operators seeking to deliver more bandwidth to the home for video and higher-speed data can also see Harmonic's IP cable and modular cable modem termination system (M-CMTS) solutions. Taking place in Cologne, Germany, from May 27-29, the ANGA Cable show is attended by more than 10,000 visitors from 68 countries.
Harmonic’s demonstrations include:
- Fiber-deep wave division multiplexing (WDM) transmission and node products that optimize downstream and upstream video, voice and data content delivery to and from the home.
- VOD asset preparation and delivery with the MediaPrism content preparation suite, Armada intelligent asset manager and StreamLiner VOD/ad servers.
- An ad-insertion suite, including CLEARcut offline encoding, ProStream splicer and StreamLiner servers.
- Ultra-high-quality HD and standard-definition (SD) video compressed at various bit-rates and formats, including 1080p 24 frames per second, with DiviCom Electra and Ion MPEG-4 AVC (H.264) and MPEG-2 encoders.
- The NSG 9000 Universal EdgeQAM, which supports a broad range of applications, including broadcast, Direct-to-Edge cable IPTV, DOCSIS 3.0, edge encryption, M-CMTS, switched digital video (SDV) and VOD.
- Interactive, video-rich navigation technologies for on-demand and user-generated content that enhance the viewer's experience while leveraging the operator's existing infrastructure and legacy set-top boxes (STBs).
More Broadband Direct: