Cable Hall of Fame Class of 2008 announced
The Cable Center has announced the six members of The Cable Hall of Fame Class of 2008.
The new inductees are:
• George Bodenheimer – president of ESPN & ABC Sports and co-chairman of Disney Media Networks
• Richard R. Green – president and CEO of Cable Television Laboratories
• Raymond E. Joslin – founder and former president of Hearst Entertainment & Syndication, and former SVP and member of the board of directors for Hearst Corp.
• Susan E. Packard – president of brand outreach for Scripps Networks
• Hubert "Hub" Schlafly – former president of Teleprompter
• Michael S. Willner – vice chairman and CEO of Insight Communications
The honorees were chosen based on their leadership, innovation and contributions to the cable industry and their communities, the Cable Center said.
The new members will be inducted into the Cable Hall of Fame at a gala ceremony during Cable Days, which will be held Oct. 15-17 in Denver. The ceremony will be held on Oct. 16 at the Colorado Convention Center. For more information, click here.
More Broadband Direct: