Comcast promotes Knott, Waz, Khoury
Comcast has announced promotions for three of its employees.
Joseph W. Waz Jr. was promoted to SVP of external affairs and public policy counsel, while Kerry Knott was promoted to SVP of government affairs.
Joe Waz has primary responsibility for Comcast's public policy activities, oversees the company's political action committees, serves as president of the Comcast Foundation and works closely with the company's government affairs, law, state and local government relations, as well as with corporate communications professionals. He joined Comcast in 1994.
Knott joined Comcast in 2003 as VP of government affairs and is responsible for developing and overseeing Comcast's government affairs strategy at the federal, state and local levels.
Jennifer Khoury was promoted to VP of corporate communications. Khoury reports to D'Arcy Rudnay and leads communications activities for Comcast’s consumer products. From 2003 to 2005, Khoury served as VP of public relations for Comcast’s New England region.
More Broadband Direct:
• Comcast tops 7B VOD views
• FCC's 700MHz auction clears $19B
• DVB-H named the official Mobile TV standard for EU
• Cisco's Linksys rolls out new wireless iPhone
• Report: HDTV service adoption increasing in 2008
• Yahoo reaffirms Q1 and full-year 2008 outlook
• Broadband Briefs for 3/19/08