• Cox widens VOD with Harmonic's eQAM
Cox Communications has expanded its VOD service in Kansas and Arkansas with Harmonic Inc.'s NSG Edge QAM. Harmonic's eQAMs—which provide IP to QAM RF conversion, multiplexing, program filtering and routing, and scrambling—power more than 250,000 QAMs, representing more than two million video streams, the company said.
• MetaSwitch, Arris complete interoperability testing
MetaSwitch has completed interoperability testing with Arris for the delivery of SIP-based business services and PacketCable 1.0 signaling with dynamic quality of service (DQoS).
• The combo offers MSOs an end-to-end voice solution for the residential and business voice services markets. Bresnan Communications, BroadRiver Communication Corp., Graceba Total Communications, Penasco Valley Telecommunications and Big River Telephone have already deployed MetaSwitch-based voice services with Arris' Touchstone E-MTAs.
• AT&T's Homezone adds HD channels
AT&T Inc.'s Homezone customers now receive more than 30 national HD channels—including news, sports and movie programming—and additional local HD channels for their market. Homezone integrates AT&T and Dish Network and the features of AT&T's Yahoo! high-speed Internet. The service is available in the company's 13-state broadband footprint.
• Sprint's EV-DO Rev. A passes 203M mark
Sprint said it now reaches more than 203 million people nationwide with its EV-DO Rev. A high-speed wireless Internet service. The service provides users with an average upload speed between 350 and 500 kbps and download speed between 600 kbps and 1.4 Mbps; peak download data rates increase to 3.1 Mbps and peak upload data rates increase to 1.8 Mbps, the company said.
• TOA Tech integrates with Google maps
TOA Technologies released the latest update of its Customer Appointment Management (CAM) product, which service companies use to manage mobile workforces. The ETAdirect 3.3 Mobility Solution includes enhanced routing and mapping functions through integration with Google Maps and GPS support. ETAdirect 3.3's integration with Google Maps provides advanced dispatch functionality from within the Google Maps window using AJAX technology. Improved routing functions help reduce technician travel times via efficient management of appointment scheduling.
• Bentley to incorporate Vyyo Ultraband specs
Bentley Systems is incorporating a library of specifications based on Vyyo's UltraBand platform into its Bentley Communications/Bentley Coax Geospatial Information System (GIS) solution for RF design. The aim is to simplify the ability of cable system operators to design spectrum overlay solutions for the delivery of residential and business services by providing increased visibility into performance and cost data with no change in GIS software.