* Deep links
Reuters reports on the FCC’s machinations regarding cable’s role in the transition to all-digital in 2009. The FCC is proposing alternatives that will make it yet harder on the cable industry. The story is here.
* ADC debuts GigE patch panel
ADC introduced a Gigabit Ethernet patch panel designed for copper wiring environments where frequent patching and higher density is required. The new ADC UniPatch GigE Patch Panel, a high-density card frame system, is based on the ADC Krone Direct-Edge LSA-PLUS termination system.
* Introducing: The Cable Hall Of Fame class of 2007
The Cable Center announced the six members of The Cable Hall of Fame Class of 2007. The six new members are:
* Glenn Britt, chairman and CEO, Time Warner Cable Inc.
* Jim Chiddix, former CEO, OpenTV Corp. and former CTO, Time Warner Cable
* Doug Dittrick, president and CEO, Douglas Communications Corporation II
* Anne Sweeney, co-chair, Disney Media Networks and president, Disney-ABC Television Group
* Bob Wright, chairman, NBC Universal; vice chairman and executive officer, General Electric
* Barbara York, senior vice president, Industry Affairs, National Cable & Telecommunications Association.
The inductees will be honored at the Cable Hall of Fame Celebration during Cable Days - two days of industry events to honor the cable telecommunications industry in Denver, Colo., October 10-11, 2007.
* Front Porch appoints 20-year sales vet
Front Porch Digital has appointed Tim Stockhaus to western regional sales manager.
Stockhaus will be responsible for sales, marketing, support and partnership development in the region. The 20-year vet was previously the senior account executive at Harris Corp.; an account executive with Rational Software Corp.; the owner of his own business, CSI Digital; and a regional sales manager at Sony Corp. of America.
* here! and WOW! offer SVOD service
here!, a gay television network, has launched a subscription video-on-demand (SVOD) service to WideOpenWest (WOW!) subs in four new markets: Chicago, Detroit and Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio.
Through its new partnership with WOW!, here! will be available to all WOW! digital subs for a monthly fee of $6.99. here! is currently available nationwide via all major cable systems and Internet TV providers as either a 24/7 premium subscription channel, a VOD service, and/or an SVOD service.