SCTE gives chapters their due
The Society of Cable Telecommunications Engineers (SCTE) released the 2005 Chapter Award winners during an annual leadership conference that took place April 5-6 in Arizona.
The awards, the first to be offered under a new scoring matrix, were bestowed in the following categories:
Chapter of the year:
- 1st place: New England Chapter
- 2nd place: Mount Rainier Chapter
- 3rd place: Cactus Chapter
Chapter Member of the Year:
- Joseph Cutrona Jr., president of the New England Chapter Board of Directors, and broadband engineer, network services, with Cox Communications
- Co-winners: Cactus Chapter and Penn-York Chapter
Striving for Excellence Award:
- Cactus Chapter
Professional Development Award:
- Mount Rainier Chapter
- New England Chapter
Among the awards, 2005's marked the first ever for those in the categories of Compliance, Striving for Excellence, Professional Development, and Recruitment.
Objective points from those awards were used to determine the Chapter of the Year award winners.
The Chapter Member of the Year award is still determined by a traditional nomination process.