All Digital: The Roadmap To Get There
Originally Aired: Thursday, April 24, 2008
11:00 a.m. ET; 8:00 a.m. PT
All Digital is the pathway for bandwidth reclamation and rolling out advanced services. This Webcast will address the pieces of the All Digital puzzle that cable operators will need as they migrate their systems to an all-digital architecture. Particular attention will be paid to addressing the unique capital and operating requirements of systems serving smaller markets through solutions that build upon existing investments and minimize headend installation and technical support expenses.
This live, free event will include information on...
- Infrastructure strategies – optimizing capital investments in the headend as well as the in the customer’s home or business
- Set-top box requirements – meeting demand for lower-cost, standard definition set-top boxes as well as more robust set-top boxes for offering advanced services and technologies such as HDTV, VOD/DVR and MPEG-4
- Conditional access considerations – strategies for maintaining compatibility with deployed set-tops while meeting the FCC’s latest requirements for separable security through CableCards and bridging to the tru2way platform
- Programming and advanced video services – strategies for optimizing bandwidth while delivering a quality experience and full suite of competitive video services to customers
- Technical support for hardware and software – anticipating the requirements of an All Digital plant and identifying strategies for meeting them cost effectively
MODERATOR: Mike Robuck, Senior Editor CED Magazine
• Mark T. Nicastro, Director, Business Development & Marketing Strategy Digital Video Systems, Comcast Media Center
• David Brown, Director of Business Development, Video Access Solutions, Motorola
• Gerry Kaufhold, Principal Analyst, In-Stat
• Travis Kohlrus, Director of Operations, Eagle Communications Inc.