Network Commissioning Manager
POSITION: Network Commissioning Manager
REPORTS TO: Director of Network Operations
LOCATION: Schaumburg, IL
Support and inspect contract personnel installing and commissioning AirCell's terrestrial network.
* Ensure all network equipment is installed per company quality requirements and FCC guidelines.
* Oversee the evaluation of property and candidate suitability, land use and permit evaluation, lease and contract negotiations.
* Understand and interpret local jurisdictional requirements
* Perform testing and commissioning per detailed engineering specification and network schematics.
* Oversee and approve contractor bids including definition of work product and schedule.
* Drive supplier performance to meet defined objectives and meet contractual commitments including inspection of work product, coordination of mobilization efforts, and management of job quality and safety standards.
* Interface with project managers, vendors, engineers and company management to ensure all issues are addressed.
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Telecommunications or related technical field. Advanced degree preferred.
* 7 + years experience performing standalone installation, testing, commissioning, and acceptance testing of cellular networks.
* Experience with Site Acquisition project phase of Site Development, including all land management, lease negotiations and coordination, legal review, and zoning, permitting and municipal approval functions.
* Understanding of industry civil, structural, and electrical codes & standards
* Basic knowledge of SHPO, THPO, Phase 1, Phase 2, 2C letters/surveys, NEPA check list, FAA/FCC, Geotechnical surveys, resistivity and grounding standards & techniques
* Proficient in troubleshooting both software and hardware using various test equipment. To Apply email: mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=Network Commissioning Manager