Director of Training
POSITION: Director of Training
REPORTS TO: VP ABS Engineering
LOCATION: Schaumburg, IL
Direct the overall development and delivery of technical training courses for AirCell internal requirements, and for contracted installation and maintenance personnel, for airborne and terrestrial systems.
* Direct all technical training initiatives for the company for employees, contractors, vendors and customers to meet company requirements.
* Assess and identify training needs, employ appropriate solutions to meet those needs and oversee the delivery of product and service solutions.
* Develop and lead key engineering and technical initiatives, providing strategic guidance to staff and team members.
* Design, develop, implement and evaluate engineer-related solutions.
* Collect information, design and execute initiatives to accelerate organizational and team performance specifically in the area of product installation and maintenance.
* Participate with experts, vendors and instructional designers to design curriculum, supported by solid learning experiences, to support engineering and technical development strategies.
* Provide diagnostic services to determine the technical skills requirements, assess existing capabilities, and ensure development of staff to meet strategic objectives.
* Identify and cultivate a strong external network of technical and engineering subject matter experts and consultants.
* Supervise all internal and external trainers that will train airborne and network maintenance/installation organizations
* Bachelor's degree in engineering or related field. Advanced degree preferred.
* 10+ years in a corporate technical learning function; 5+ years in a management capacity
* Technical understanding of cellular communications and other wireless technologies, and commercial aircraft.
* Experience conducting needs assessments and organizational surveys.
* Ability to analyze data and requirements and translate into resources that meet budget and business objectives.
* Skill in working with senior leadership and line management. Ability to build credibility at all levels within the organization.
* Skill in making clear and effective presentation.
* Ability to think strategically and systematically.
* Is flexible, creative and can execute on ideas.