Bright House keeps customers connected with ‘easy gadget’ app(2)
Bright House Networks has added iPhones, iPod Touches and iPads to its “easy gadget” list of devices.
In addition to adding easy gadget on the Apple devices, a spokeswoman for Bright House Networks said the cable operator plans on launching its Look Back service in its Orlando and Tampa Bay markets where it competes against Verizon.
Bright House Networks, the nation’s sixth-largest cable operator, first launched easy gadget last year for Windows PCs and Apple computers. The application allows the cable operator’s phone users to stay connected with their home or office phones.
In order to use the free app, which is now available for downloading from Apple’s iTunes' store, customers needs to be subscribers to Bright House Networks’ data and phone services.
The easy gadget app allows customers to:
- Instantly be notified of that important call on their Bright House phone from their friend or co-worker, then touch to call back or send a text message
- View and listen to voicemail messages from a customer or their child’s school right after the message was left on their Bright House voicemail service instead of waiting until they return to their home or office
- Remotely forward their Bright House phone to their iPhone or any other remote phone when on vacation or on a business trip
- Manage their contacts in an online address book and back up their iPhone contacts to the easy gadget online address book
- Use a free online directory search function to look up phone numbers for an office building or restaurant, then call or get directions
- For customers in Orlando and Tampa Bay, easy gadget also allows fast access to local news and weather on Bright House Networks’ Bay News 9 or Central Florida News 13 websites.